Recently, the talented team behind Overwatch 2 unveiled an exciting trailer for the upcoming 9th season, scheduled to kick off in the game next week on February 13th. The trailer captivated fans with its showcase of enticing cosmetic rewards offered through the battle pass, thrilling updates to the competitive gameplay, and the introduction of fresh modes and events. It’s an exhilarating time for Overwatch enthusiasts as they eagerly anticipate diving into this immersive and action-packed gaming experience.
What awaits players this season
On the evening of February 13th, Overwatch 2 will embark on its 9th season, aptly titled “Heroes.” Within this season, players can expect a complete overhaul of the competitive mode, an alluringly sinister-themed “Battle Pass,” a diverse array of cosmetic options, and an exciting new collaboration event. The developers have released a dynamic trailer providing a glimpse of the upcoming season’s innovations. It’s an eagerly awaited moment for fans as they anticipate immersing themselves in this thrilling chapter of the game.
The update will introduce the cooperative event called Cosmic Crisis, revamp the competitive mode, and introduce a new rank called “Hero.” Of course, there will also be an exciting new battle pass and a bundle of cosmetic items. No new heroes or maps are expected in the ninth season of Overwatch 2. Fans can look forward to an array of thrilling enhancements and engaging gameplay within the upcoming season.
- A complete revamp of the competitive mode is set to take place, including the addition of a new maximum rank called “Hero,” allowing players to better track their rating progress in each match.
- Players will have the opportunity to earn weapons for heroes in a jade-colored variant.
- Moira, the “Ancient Summoner,” will receive an epic seasonal skin.
- Additionally, a series of thematic skins in the “Ancient Horrors” theme for Torbjorn, Bastion, Winston, Sigma, Mei, Widowmaker, and Illari will be introduced through the Battle Pass.
- At the beginning of the season, the “Cosmic Crisis” event will take place, featuring a new PvE mode, followed by the Valentine’s Day celebration later in February.
- The in-game store will offer a range of new and returning skins themed around Valentine’s Day, Lunar Festival, “Cosmic Crisis,” as well as weapon skins in the style of Los Muertos.
- In mid-March, a new mode called “Hero Mastery – Trials” will be introduced, designed for cooperative play with a group of three players, challenging them to defend a tower against waves of incoming enemies.
- During the middle of the season, an exciting collaboration event called “Overwatch 2 x Cowboy Bebop” will take place, bringing together elements from both franchises.