First gameplay videos and details.
Table of Contents
Announcement and general information
- First, gameplay videos appeared on the company’s YouTube channel, and after Valve made an announcement on its Twitter and website.
- Counter-Strike 2 was developed on the Source 2 engine.
- Valve called Counter-Strike 2 “the biggest technical leap in the history of the series.”
- Counter-Strike 2 will be a free CS:GO upgrade.
- All items from CS:GO will not only remain available in Counter-Strike 2, but will also “become more beautiful” due to the Source 2 engine, Valve said.
- Valve said that due to the Source 2 engine, they improved the lighting on the maps and implemented a physically accurate rendering system that creates realistic textures, light and reflections.
- The developers have redone old maps from scratch using the Source 2 tools that Valve will also make available to the modding community.
- The company emphasized that they improved the lighting and readability of models on classic maps, but retained their basic structure and features.
- Smoke grenades in Counter-Strike 2 use dynamic volumetric particles that interact with the environment and react to light, gunshots, and explosions.
- Bullets and grenades disperse the smoke, expanding the veil or briefly scattering it. This opens up additional scope for tactics, Valve said.
- Smoke naturally fills space in Counter-Strike 2, coming in through open doors and shattered windows, or going up and down stairs.
- Movement, shooting and throwing grenades in Counter-Strike 2 are independent of the server refresh rate.
- Valve implemented a sub-tick structure for the game, which allows the Counter-Strike 2 server to instantly record when a player has taken a step, fired a shot, or thrown a grenade without tying the action to the tick rate.
- Due to this, shooting and movement became more responsive, and grenades always fly along the same trajectory.
- In Counter-Strike 2, the developers have improved all the visual effects, including those from explosions, fire, flashes from a shot, hits, and bullets cutting through the air.
- Valve said that the bloodstains in the updated game coincide with the direction of the shot and dry out over time, and bullet hit points can be seen from afar.
- The developers have completely updated the interface.
- Valve has announced that they will launch limited testing of Counter-Strike 2 on March 22.
- Only some players will get access to testing – they will receive appropriate notifications from Valve.
- The company has posted answers to frequently asked questions about limited testing on its website.
VideoGameplay for CS2:
CS2 Deathmatch Gameplay: