If you’re suffering from FPS drops in VALORANT after the 1.01 patch, there may be a solution you can give a shot right now. A reddit user by the name of mackfan has made a thread with instructions on how to fix the problem.
It’s important to note, however, that if your game is already using all processors on your CPU, this fix won’t help.
You can follow the below steps to find out if this fix applies to you and whether or not it solves your issue or whether you have something else going on.
- Launch Valorant, and minimize the game
- Open your Task Manager (by right clicking the Windows Task Bar and clicking “Task Manager”)
- Click “More details”, and select the “Processes” tab
- Right click Valorant, and select “Go to details”
- Right click “VALORANT-WIN64-Shipping.exe”, and select “Set Affinity”
- A window will pop up showing which CPU threads are currently enabled for Valorant. If they’re all checked, this fix probably doesn’t apply to you. If there’s only a couple checked off and everything else is unchecked? Check the box “<All Processors>” and click OK
- Repeat steps #5 and #6, but on “VALORANT.exe”
Did this fix help you? Let us know on social media and in the comments below!