The back-to-back Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Professional League-Philippines champions have found a new home in Aura PH. This roster had joined up with Sunsparks in 2019 when the organization acquired the No Limit’s roster.
“It’s unfortunate to announce that the current roster will no longer play under the brand of Sunsparks. We would like to thank them for giving the team their all and wish them the best for what lies ahead,” a statement from Sunsparks reads.
The now former Sunsparks roster will be competing under their new banner effective immediately and have already had their debut snuffed.
The lineup took on BREN Esports in the ML: SEA-Invitational qualifier and fell 3-1 against their opponents in the best-of-five grand finals. BREN entered the series with a one map advantage thanks to a successful upper bracket finish and thanks to another two maps compared to Aura’s one, it was over relatively quickly.
In addition to their MPL-PH success, the Sunsparks lineup also won Juicy Legends Grand Tournament, Mytel Invitational Championship, and the JUST ML Cup among others.
Aura PH had the following to say in a post to the official Facebook page:
“With this new venture into the Philippines, we are excited to share this journey with you the fans, and strive to provide the necessary tools to these young, inspiring, talented pros so that we can help them reach their full potential. We have many contents, stories, fun challenges we cannot wait to share with you all in the near future.”
VPEsports is releasing interviews with all MPL-PH teams. Check out their opinions on MLBB, mobile games, etc., and please stay tuned for more fresh and interesting interviews and stories!:
- SGD Omega tells who the best up & coming players are
- Bren Esports – pheww says mobile esports can match that of PC
- Team BSB says who the best player in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang is & more
- GeekFam wants Fanny to be competitive in MLBB and explains how to fix her – interview
- Blacklist International’s DEX STAR wants the Season 3 meta back; “Even EVOS Indonesia & EVOS SG weren’t able to beat us in scrims”
- Blacklist International coach BON CHAN believes the Mage mid meta: “requires skill, timing, and lots of action rather than farming all day long”
- HONDA BEAST: “My MLBB Journey will be completed if ever we win a championship”
- KIL LER of Blacklist International: “a higher prize pool would really motivate people to strive for MLBB”
- MLBB pro Aqua: “Tuuu is part of the top 100 global players, he is hardworking and can get along the pros”
- Sunsparks’ Rafflesia: “The best thing to happen to MLBB was the update to the ranking system”
- Yuji of STI Mobile Legends: Bang bang – “The best thing so far is having a 30yrs ban to maphack users”
- Mobile Legends: Bang Bang ULVL – “MLBB being a PC game would be more complicated. More keys to press, more keys to memorize. It would be like Dota.”
- Mobile Legends: Bang Bang pro Riddler – “I was a Chess player before going pro”
- Sunsparks answer questions about MLBB, favorite meta, heroes, and more
- ONIC PH’s Mobile Legends: Bang Bang player Wise: “I think SGD is the best team right now”
- Team BSB’s Mobile Legends: Bang Bang player Jeraxnu wants: “heavy punishment for players who feed and AFK”