With only a few days remaining before the Group Stages of ESL One Katowice 2018 kick off, the team has announced the magnificent broadcast talent who will be guiding us through the Major.
While they may have had the community against them for a few weeks after a few controversial decisions, ESL have redeemed themselves today, announcing a 3rd and 4th place play-off along with the brilliant casters, panel and hosts who will be taking us through the 6 day journey of ESL One Katowice 2018. With well-known faces across the board such as Paul ‘Redeye’ Chaloner as the Desk/Panel Host. Alan ‘Nahaz’ Bester as an analyst and a host of our favourite casters/commentators, the Major is assured to bring us some of the best Dota 2 action yet.
— ESL Dota2 (@ESLDota2) February 15, 2018
The full list of ESL One Katowice’s broadcast talent and their roles, as confirmed by ESL One on their website earlier today, is as follows:
- Stage Host: OJ Borg
- Desk Host: Paul ‘Redeye’ Chaloner
- Sideline Reporter: Jorein ‘Sheever’ van der Heijden
- Analyst: Ioannis ‘Fogged’ Loucas
- Analyst: Alan ‘Nahaz’ Bester
- Analyst: Kevin ‘Purge’ Godec
- Caster: Owen ‘ODPixel’ Davies
- Caster: Toby ‘Tobiwan’ Dawson
- Caster: Austin ‘Capitalist’ Walsh
- Caster: William ‘Blitz’ Lee
- Observer: Jonathan ‘Pimpmuckl’ Liebig
- Statsman: Ben ‘Noxville’ Steenhuisen
On February 20th 2018, 16 teams will descend on the Spodek Arena in Katowice, Poland to partake in the areas first Dota 2 Major. With the best teams from across the globe competing for their share of a $1,000,000 prize pool as well as the massive total of 1500 Dota 2 Pro Circuit Points, the ESL One Katowice 2018 Major will bring us some fantastic action. The opening days of the event will see the 2 groups, drawn earlier this month, face off in a double-elimination bracket – before the top 3 from each group will make their way into the playoffs.
images courtesy of ESL Dota 2