Diretide’s return in 2020 has definitely been unexpected but completely welcome and for almost a week now, we’ve all jumped head-first back into one of the craziest event modes – but unfortunately, nerfs were needed and they have come to some.
With Diretide being in full swing and everyone testing out different heroes to see which might be the best for claiming all the Taffy possible, we were likely to see some fair a lot better than others – which has been the case. Invisible heroes and especially Clinkz have made their presence felt as Death Pact could easily turn the (Dire)tides of battle, especially in the later rounds of combat. This has seen a nerf to that hero in particular and a buff to true sight to reveal all the invisible units trying to steal your precious Taffy.
- True Sight Radius on Home Buckets and Taffy Wells increased from 1000 to 1200.
- Scarecrow Stashes now have True Sight in a 1000 radius that reveals all heroes on both teams.
- Player owned non-hero units deal only 25% of their normal damage to the home bucket for purposes of stealing candy.
- Taffy Guardians take 50% damage from player owned, non-hero units.
- Reduced sentry ward stock time from 85 to 60.
- Reduced sentry ward cost from 75 to 50.
- Reduced dust gold cost from 80 to 50.
- Reduced TP scroll cooldown from 80 to 45.
- Clinkz Death Pact benefit from Rotting Hulks and Festering Hulks (Round 3) reduced from 40% to 25%.
- Clinkz Death Pact benefit from Volatile Arachnids (Round 5) reduced from 25% to 10%.
As can be seen above, Clinkz has been hit with a rather large nerf-hammer when it comes to the effectiveness of Death Pact, as well as an increase in true sight around stashes, buckets and wells. Alongside this, ward costs and stock times were also reduced to combat the nuisance of the invisible heroes.
These changes should change a lot of the picks coming into the Diretide event moving forward and it remains to be seen if other heroes are hit with the same nerf-hammer the way Clinkz has been.