Europe qualifiers for the first season of Dota Pro Circuit Regional League have come to an end, both Upper and Lower Division competitors being decided over the weekend.
Chicken Fighters and mudgolems claimed the last two spots in the Upper Division and will join Alliance and Vikin.gg also coming from qualifier rounds, into the battle for a spot at the first Major of the year.
Arguably played in one of the most stacked regions, the Europe Upper Division will pit against each other the four qualified squads and the four directly invited ones, namely Team Secret, Team Liquid, OG and Team Nigma.
The Lower Division is filled with the four teams that failed in the closed qualifiers joined by the top two teams coming from two legs of open qualifiers.
Europe Upper Division teams:
- Team Secret (Direct Invite)
- OG (Direct Invite)
- Team Liquid (Direct Invite)
- Team Nigma (Direct Invite)
- Vikin.gg (Closed Qualifiers)
- Alliance (Closed Qualifiers)
- Mudgolems (Closed Qualifiers)
- Chicken Fighters (Closed Qualifiers)
Lower Division teams:
- Hippomaniacs (Closed Qualifiers)
- Hellbear Smashers (Closed Qualifiers)
- Spider Pigzs (Closed Qualifiers)
- Brame (Closed Qualifiers)
- Creepwave (Open Qualifier 1)
- Burjui (Open Qualifier 1)
- No Bounty Hunter (Open Qualifier 2)
- Meta4Pro (Open Qualifier 2)
Europe has four slots allocated to the first Major of the year, which is scheduled to take place March March 25th – April 4th at a yet to be revealed location. The four slots will be claimed by the top four teams of Upper Division. All lower Division teams will play for promotion into the Upper League of the next season.
Europe Regional League competition will unfold January 18th – February 28th with matches from Upper and Lower division scheduled on the following days of the week:
- Tuesday: 18:00 CET and 21:00 CET
- Wednesday: 18:00 CET
- Saturday: 18:00 CET and 21:00 CET
- Monday: 18:00 CET
- Tuesday: 15:00 CET
- Wednesday: 15:00 CET and 21:00 CET
- Saturday: 15:00 CET
headline photo: MarsMedia