Valve has finally released it’s ninth operation in the form of “Shattered Web” and it comes stocked with major changes. After two years without an operation, fans are excited to jump into some new content and there’s plenty of it.
One of the biggest features is the addition of characters called “agents” that players can equip on the T or CT side. To unlock the various agents, players will need to earn stars and complete missions.
“For the first time in CS:GO, bring your favorite character into battle with all-new equippable agents. Earn rewards featuring the new agents, all-new weapon collections, stickers, graffiti, and more through a new battle pass format,” the official web page says.
In addition to the agents, players will also earn new skins from the Shattered Web weapon case alongside several designs made by community artists.
Several changes were also made to the SG 553, Galil, and FAMAS which you can find in more detail here.
As part of the update, Cache was officially added to the competitive map pool from scrimmage and Vertigo saw quite a few changes made.
You can read the full patch notes below:
[OPERATION SHATTERED WEB]
– Introducing Operation Shattered Web, featuring all-new equippable Agents, weapon collections, missions, and more!
– For more details visit www.counter-strike.net/shatteredweb
[ GAMEPLAY ]
– Increased price of SG553 to $3000 to bring its price more in line with its value.
– Reduced the price of FAMAS and Galil by $200 (to $2050 and $1800, respectively)
– Improved full-auto spraying accuracy of FAMAS and Galil.
[ Danger Zone ]
– Buymenu price adjustments for ssg08 and radar jammer.
– Minor timing adjustments for locked door and safe interaction.
– Automated sentries now fire M249 bullets.
– Added killfeed icon for automated sentry.
– Added more explosive barrels.
– Tablet crate icons now show an above/below annotation if significantly above or below the player.
– Minor change to zone effect visuals.
[ MISC ]
– ‘AWP | Hyper Beast’ and ‘P90 | Nostalgia’ updated to correct wear at Factory New
[ WORKSHOP ]
We have added support for applying a pearlescent coating to weapon finishes. Pearlescent coatings use ceramic crystals to reflect and refract light, splitting it into different colors as the view angle changes. This effect can be used in a number of ways to subtly enhance your weapon finish or make drastic changes. The new Operation Shattered Web collections have some weapons with pearlescent coatings to illustrate some of the ways this new feature can be used. The Workshop Workbench has been updated to include this feature so you can experiment with adding this coating to a weapon finish. Using higher values will make the color bands tighter and more frequent and using negative values will flip the spectrum to start on the opposite end. It should be noted that this coating will shift the hue of your weapon finish so parts with no saturation, and therefore no hue, will have no pearlescent effect. We look forward to seeing what interesting applications you come up with.
[ MAPS ]
– Added Studio to Scrimmage and Casual Sigma map groups.
– Added Jungle to the Danger Zone rotation.
– Added Lunacy to Flying Scoutsman
– Zoo and Seaside have been removed.
– Cache has been moved from Scrimmage to Competitive Matchmaking
– Added ramp to final stage of scaffolding on A ramp, no longer need to jump up
– Connected corridor to back of A with CT elevator room
– Widened top of mid
– Offset doors from CT spawn and to CT elevator room
– Made A site CT death funnel shorter, widened site area
– Removed big block in CT spawn
– Moved A ramp sandbags to allow jump up
– Various bug and clipping fixes