The latest CS:GO update has gone live and it fixes a recently revealed smoke exploit and makes some significant changes to Mutiny and Swamp, the most recent additions to the map pool.
The smoke glitch was revealed just yesterday and Valve has already jumped on top of it. The glitch went viral after Richard Lewis published a YouTube video calling it out.
Since sharing that information with Valve it took only 24 hours before they released a fix which “optimized platform shader files and sound configuration files to be packed inside compressed VPK files,” ultimately shutting down the exploint, or at least this way to do it.
In terms of Mutiny and Swamp, this update is the first to the two maps since they released and is mostly bug fixes, performance / FPS optimizations, and slight map tweaks. You can find a full list of the changes below.
CS:GO July 27 Update – patch notes:
- Fixed various bird-related bugs
- Opened up corner at Dirt Road near CT Spawn
- Fixed bomb getting stuck on the small boat
- Improved FPS for low/medium shader
- Improved optimisation throughout the map
- Opened up T to B Upper ceiling to allow for grenade usage
- Fixed one way wallbang on B Site
- Fixed rendering issue at the top of B Site building
- Added fade distance to most small props
- Altered some deathmatch spawn positions
- Replaced rocks with flowers by the stairs at CT to A
- Removed foliage in various locations for improved visibility
- Fixed boost spot at elevator near A
- Fixed hidden bomb plant underneath stones on A Site
- Fixed floating church pillars
- Fixed misaligned stone tiles in T Spawn
- Fixed misaligned textures on church
- Improved clipping at various places
- Improved grenade clipping at various places
- Updated Overview
- Performance boost in some areas (2-5%)
- Alligator and frog sounds are lower, less disturbing
- Made brighter background near fence on A-long (CT side)
- Made one of the red plywood covers smaller on A-long (T side)
- Made the A-short room brighter and also made it easier for T to peek angles on entrance
- Closed gap in CT-spawn where players could boost and peek A-long
- Added wood cover under CW so players can’t peek straight down to A-short entrance (T side)
- Removed a pallet where a player could jump and get stuck
- Improved balance around bombsite
- Added clipping on crane
- Added clipping on streetlight
- Added plywood cover on bombsite
- Removed some of the railing around bombsite for easier movement
- Added electrical box, fence and plywood close to B-entrance for less hiding spots
- Added plywood in corner close to B-entrance for less hiding spots
- Added fence and plywood in water around sniper spot on B-long for easier readability (CT side)
- Optimized platform shader files and sound configuration files to be packed inside compressed VPK files.
Want to discuss this and other news with the author? Check him out live on Twitch where you can ask questions!