In an update from Apex Legends Leader Product Manager Lee Horn, it is revealed that challenges are coming to the season 2 battle pass.
These challenges will come as both daily and weekly achievements to be obtained allowing players to level up their battle pass.
“More than half of your Weekly Challenges will grant an entire Battle Pass level as a reward. The remaining Daily & Weekly Challenges grant STARS which, combined with match XP, contribute to a repeatable Weekly Challenge that grants a full Battle Pass level with each completion. STARS are XP specific to Battle Pass, meaning STARS do not impact Account Level progression,” Horn explains.
The daily challenges will come in groups of three. They will be “randomly chosen from a pool of over two hundred.” Examples given include “deal 200 damage in bunker” and “play 1 game as Lifeline” and they are “intended to be achievable in a short play session.”
Weekly challenges come in a pack of seven and aren’t so easy to knock out. They will require more gameplay to be had (oh no!) with examples being “get 20 kills as Gibraltar, Bangalore, or Mirage” or “loot 100 epic items.” Horn also eases some concern by stating that even if you start the season late you’ll be able to access all of the previous weekly challenges.
Here’s where it becomes a little more interesting. On top of those seven weekly challenges, players will also get a set of three “special resetting weekly challenges.” These will be the same each week. You can find the weekly resetting challenges below:
- Complete five Daily Challenges – Rewards one Battle Pass level
- Complete 10 Daily Challenges – Rewards one Battle Pass level
- Earn 9,000 STARS and/or match XP – Rewards one Battle Pass level
- This quest may be repeated an unlimited number of times each week.
- Each completion increases the STARS and/or match XP required for the next by 9,000, up to a maximum of 54,000. You need 9,000 for the first level, 18,000 for the second level, etc. This challenge resets to 9,000 each week.
For more details, read the official post here.